Jonathan Majors loses attempt to dismiss assault conviction

Posted by

A New York judge has decided today that Jonathan Majors will still be sentenced next week on his assault and harassment conviction.

Judge Michael Gaffey has rejected a defense motion to overturn the verdict and withdraw the guilty verdict against him Creed III The actor was given a verdict by a jury on December 18 last year. With this last-ditch Hail Mary attempt now over, Majors will be sentenced on April 8 as previously scheduled.

The one-time Marvel star could potentially face up to a year behind bars.

Neither Majors’ top lawyer Priya Chaudhary nor the Manhattan District Attorney’s office responded to requests for comment on the new ruling. If and when they do, this post will be updated.

Majors’ once-proud career is now in tatters, Judge Gaffey’s decision on Wednesday comes nearly a month after the much-accused Majors’ ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, sued him for defamation.

Majors, who was arrested on March 25, 2023, after an alleged attack on Jabbari in New York City, was convicted of reckless assault and harassment in his much-delayed trial late last year. Originally facing a total of four misdemeanor charges, Major, who had pleaded not guilty, was convicted by a jury of three men and three women of intentional assault in the third degree and aggravated harassment in the second degree against his then-girlfriend Jabbari. Was not found guilty. The incident happened more than a year ago.

Appearing in court every day of the trial but never testifying in his own defence, Major always insisted that he never attacked the British dancer Jabbari after seeing his girlfriend of almost two years on his phone with another The woman’s messages were found while the two of them were out walking in a NYC night. In March 2023. Attorney Choudhary said Majors was a real victim of abuse by Jabbari and racism by the NYPD. Before the test begins, Magazine Dreams Star took Jabbari to court and got the police to issue an actual warrant for his arrest – a move that quickly shut down the DA’s office.

In January this year, a few weeks after his sentencing, Majors told ABC News, “My hands have never attacked a woman.” The flood of allegations from other women since the trial ended and the detailed accounts of attacks, violence and counter-allegations in Jabbari’s defamation action seem to say otherwise.

In spite of that and despite his conviction, the smiling Majors came with him Harlem Actress Meagan Good at the 7th annual AAFCA Special Achievement Awards Luncheon in L.A. last month. Good attended court with Majors almost every day of the trial last year.

Professionally, Majors has seen his career ruined, having been dropped by management and PR companies soon after the incident with Jabbari and his arrest last year. Shortly thereafter, the once-Oscar-tipped Searchlight release Magazine Dreams Postponed. In the days following the lawsuit’s verdict, Marvel eased into the case bottle gourd Actor who was to play Kang the Conqueror in the extended MCU. While Majors has lost several film roles and advertising campaigns, the actor’s agency WME has remained with him to this day.

#Jonathan #Majors #loses #attempt #dismiss #assault #conviction

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *